Maltese property has been growing in popularity and for more than one reason:
- In the 2000 – 2017 period (almost twenty years!) property prices never registered negative annual growth – that’s to say, they never dropped
- In the same period, Maltese property also had the best return of all EU countries, after Sweden
- In 2018, for the first time, Malta was the fastest-growing real estate market in the world, overtaking Hong Kong
Given the above, it is tempting to hold Maltese property within one’s investment portfolio. However, not all property offers the same risk / return profile. Indiscriminate buying may work in a bubble market, but will be punished when property valuations get back in touch with reality.
As part of our services, we provide clients with market research and consult on likely future returns from investment property. We consider investment properties on the following bases:
- Capital growth and cash flow projections
- Affordability and rate sensitiveness (if bank loans are taken out)
- Maintenance and management costs
- Overall market trends
We will shortly also offer an instant DYI property valuation tool.